TEACHING THE ART OF PCB PURCHASING
Most PCB buyers get no formal training. Remarkably, even ISO-certified EMS and OEM companies simply don’t have the resources to provide formal instruction in buying a custom-made commodity that is the foundation of their assembly process.
Better Board Buying (B3) is on a mission to change that. Our dedicated training program gives buyers the tools they need to do their jobs better, offering the most up-to-date information about board buying. In the past, board buyers have saved 10 to 25 percent by employing our methods.
B3 teaches buyers how to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of both offshore and domestic manufacturing sources. We also show them how to leverage buying power to get the best prices, and how to expertly navigate sourcing issues based on order size and technology type.
And that’s just for starters. In short, we build better buyers.
We are board-buying experts with deep experience in this $60 billion industry. Let us put our expertise to work for you.
Ready to learn more about our training and certification program? Contact Greg Papandrew at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You’ll Learn from Better Board Buying:
- How to better manage current vendors and assess new vendors.
- How to set service expectations for vendors and implement vendor-managed inventory programs that will meet changing production needs without raising costs.
- How to develop and implement corporate PCB fabrication specifications unique to your organization to ensure consistent quality.
- How to understand the differences between workmanship guidelines (IPC-A-600) and qualification/testing specifications (IPC-6012), and when to employ each.
- How to negotiate better terms and put into place rebate programs so vendors can reward your company’s buying and payment performance.
- How to leverage your company’s annual spend with carefully selected vendors, ensuring the best service while also diversifying your vendor base.
- How to move business from one vendor to another, when necessary, with minimal disruption to production schedules.
- How to navigate the strengths and weaknesses of both offshore and domestic manufacturing sources.
And a whole lot more…
Want more information? Ready to get your procurement team started in B3’s workshop and certification program?
Contact Greg Papandrew at email@example.com.